Thursday, April 12, 2012

June 2011: A Day in San Francisco

 When it comes to modern art I'm as shallow as they come. For example, when I see a toilet bowl turned upside down in the middle of a room, all I see is a toilet bowl turned upside down in the middle of a room, not the decay of modern society. Or when I see a white canvas splashed with color Jackson Pollock style, well I'll be honest: I can't see what the big fuss is about.
That's probably why I wasn't impressed with the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (also I thought that the ticket was expensive {$18}). 
the view from the SF MoMA was nice
 We left the museum at around noon and the sun still hadn't worked its magic to warm up the city. I was properly dressed for a June morning in Greece but in SF, I was missing my winter jacket and a pair of shoes that didn't leave my feet exposed to the elements. So, we had a bowl of soup and half a sandwich at an empty soup place near the museum and then, we caught the bus that would take us to Ocean Beach.

After a lot of ups and downs on the famous hills of SF (which always make me think of this movie), we finally got there and...











...we just stood in awe of the intimidating vastness.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic....and you had the place almost to yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul,
      Thanks for commenting here. :)
      It was a very nice day!

      Delete

Awesome Followers

goodreads