Saturday, May 19, 2012

Roman Holiday (1953)





Well, what can I say about a classic movie? I watched it today for the first time and I enjoyed every bit of it! Audrey Hepburn is adorable!

 
from here

Best Actress Academy Award
for Roman Holiday
(from here)

I was afraid that the plot would take the modern chick flick turn; the princess's story goes public, she feels betrayed, huge fight ensues but in the end true love wins and they get back together! Thank God it didn't happen! (This kind of predictability stresses me out.)

from here


 Also, I must say the plot seemed familiar and I realized it reminded me of The Rum Diary (2011). A journalist for the American press in Puerto Rico falls in love with his rich boss's girlfriend and they have a brief adventure while his colleague from the newspaper tags along. By no means is it the same, but it just reminded me of it. Does anyone else see the connection? (probably not!)

I love it when I don't have to work and I can watch movies in the morning! 






2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites!!! I loved the end of that movie and how it was filmed.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it very much, too! Thank you for becoming a follower! Welcome to the blog!

      Delete

goodreads

Followers