Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sabrina (1954)



Oh how I love work-free weekends! And oh how I l o v e Audrey Hepburn! Today I watched Sabrina and I couldn't stop admiring her!

how stylish!

great outfit, simple yet so elegant!

b e a u t i f u l !

 What I also enjoyed about this movie was Linus's office and all the '50s gadgetry!

And of course Walter Hampden as Oliver Larrabee - so funny!

some quotes:

Oliver to David:  I'm not saying that all Larrabees have been saints. Thomas Larrabee was hung for piracy. There was Benjamin Larrabee who was a slave trader. And there was my great-great uncle Joshua Larrabee who was shot while attempting to rob a train. But there was never a Larrabee who has behaved as you, David Larrabee, have behaved tonight!
____________________________________________________________________________

Linus: After all, this is the 20th century, Father.

Oliver: Twentieth century? Why, I could pick a century out of a hat, blindfolded, and come up with a better one.
 ____________________________________________________________________________
Oliver to Linus: That's the 20th century for you! Automobiles, garages, chauffers, chauffers' daughters!
____________________________________________________________________________


Oliver to the board members: 
 Inasmuch as I seem to be the only member of the Larrabee family who is not completely out of his mind, 
I will take it upon myself to call this meeting back to order as soon as David Larrabee removes 
his carcass from this table.
____________________________________________________________________________


All in all it was a very pleasant movie!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for joyining! You have a lovely blog and I like your background with those flowers. Like also those old movies! See you! I´m a reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog! Welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful movie! I remember my niece falling in love with the movie when she was in something like the 5th grade. She was talking to us on the phone as she was watching it. I think she discovered "Roman Holiday" this year, and she loves that one too.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect thing to watch for a relaxing Sunday afternoon!

      Delete
  3. Oh! The quote looks fantastic against the pink and with the flowery wallpaper. I swear the whole point in me making that little quote siggy was to see it on your blog here. Honestly, it looks perfect! I'm so glad you asked to use it.

    Have a lovely Tuesday!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was really what I needed at the right moment!

      Delete
  4. Love this movie, and just love Audrey. One of my favorites. Glad to find another person who enjoys old movies.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog today and thanks for following.

    Julie (your newest follower).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog and welcome! Audrey is my favorite!

      Delete

Awesome Followers

goodreads