Sunday, June 24, 2012

Angel's Crest (2011)

I just watched this pretty depressing movie about a young boy who disappears into the forest. It doesn't quite match its imdb description ("The disappearance of a 3-year-old boy divides a tightly knit community and culls out its secrets") which gives the impression of a dark movie full of suspense. It's a sad story that follows the journey of the young father after losing his son. Interesting but too "heavy" for a Sunday. I might have to watch a chick-flick now to even it up!

The movie was filmed somewhere in Canada so it treats the viewer to some spectacular landscapes.




What I really liked was seeing Kate Walsh (Private Practice) and Elizabeth McGovern (Downton Abbey) as lesbians in a relationship, and Jeremy Piven (Entourage) as the DA (whose secret was never revealed by the way). It's always fun to see actors in roles so different from what we're used to!



Now, off to watch something happier because there's a busy week ahead of me...
Have a nice week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I think this film would be in my taste. Have to put the name of the film behind my ear. Take care in your busy week, see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watch it, i'd like to hear your opinion! Enjoy your week, too!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this one...might put it on my list. I watched The Artist last night, have you seen it?? Bloomin Brilliant :o)

    ps...where in Greece are you then, I'm very jealous...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it! I'm a little reluctant because it's a silent movie. However, I only hear praise, so I may give it a shot!
      It's called Ioannina and the village where I live is called Dodoni. In the autumn and in winter it rains so much everyone says Ioannina is like London!
      Have a great sunny week!

      Delete
    2. Aha...you must be on the western (green) side of Greece then... I love it so much, went to Corfu last year and Zakynthos the year before....oh and Rhodes but that's on the dusty dry side of Greece and SO different...you are a very lucky lady indeed :o) xxx

      ps. watch The Artist...push through the silent stuff and wait for the ending....pure bliss :o) xxx

      Delete
    3. Corfu is very close to where I liive! Lucky? Thanks for putting it that way because sometimes I need to see Greece, and more specifically Yannena, through someone else's perpsective!
      Well, next time you spend your holidays in a place so close, I'll be waiting for you to stop by my house for a coffee!
      Have a great day!! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey! Thanks for dropping by! :) I came to look for your Dark Shadow review to see! Can you direct me? Glad I am not the only one who thinks this...I almost felt like I was making blasphemy as I know so many who still go mad for the stuff...

    Nice scenery of Canada by the way - that is hopefully my next port of call after Spain...all being well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks for visiting! I didn't post a link in my comment because being a new blogger I'm not sure if leaving links of my posts on other people's blogs is very polite! (Although I have done it once or twice!!) :) This is it then:
      http://sexta-feira-sexta-feira.blogspot.gr/2012/05/dark-shadows-2012.html

      Delete

goodreads

Followers