Friday, June 15, 2012

London mini-break!

We took a mini trip to London this week! We spent time with our friends who live there, we ate a lot and bought ridiculously cheap clothes. It was a nice break!

the food:

lunch at Battersea Pie in Covent Garden
 
  
breakfast at the Sunflower Cafe near Regent's St


breakfast at the Bagel Delight Bakery in Cricklewood

 lunch at The Castle in Notting Hill



dinner at Azmar in Edgware Road



a charming display at Nauticalia in Covent Garden:

the Jubilee decorations were still on:

Covent Garden
  
 Oxford St

Hogwarts anyone?

King's Cross station
 The weather was really chilly and rainy but we enjoyed ourselves anyway!

Also, I've added 3 more movies to my "to-watch" list thanks to the advertising posters in the tube:

Killer Joe
 

A Royal Affair

Lay the Favorite

Happy weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Ah lovely old London town, shame the weather here is so rubbish but glad you had a good time and enjoyed some good old English grub :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we got away from the heatwave that was scorching Greece (34+++ degrees Celsius)!

      Delete
  2. Oh, you are a lucky girl! I wish I could have joined you! Havent been in London for a long time. Wish you a nice weekend and sunny weather for your beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather will be too sunny today! And I have to work... Have a nice weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Oh my..all that food looks so good. Bet you guys had the most amazing time. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! Have a great, relaxing weekend Monty!

      Delete
  4. Yummy-looking post.
    Lovely pictures of London. Platform 9 3/4, ahh, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a great idea to decorate the station with something taken from fiction!

      Delete
    2. I'm curious if kids try to bump into the wall. I suppose some do try lol

      Delete
    3. There were a lot of people waiting to take pictures and It was funny to watch them because everyone ended up striking the same pose, as if pushing the cart into the wall!

      Delete
  5. My mouth is watering after looking at this post. My bowl of cereal this morning just doesn't measure up, I'm afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting the blog! Well, I don't usually do food posts but I couldn't resist! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  6. This makes me miss England! And thanks for posting the platform 9 3/4. I'm not ashamed to admit that I LOVE Harry Potter. Next time you go I'll get some recommendations from my grandfather. He lived there twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I trust your grandfather 100%! I know you love Harry Potter! :)

      Delete

Awesome Followers

goodreads