Monday, September 17, 2012

Damages

Damages wrapped up last week and I'm really going to miss it. Seasons 2 and 3 might have been slightly "weak" for my taste but 1, 4 and 5 were compelling.

Glenn Close was breathtaking as Patty Hewes, the ruthless attorney who would do absolutely anything in her power to win. Since I've already written a post just about her, I'll only post one of my favorite videos here; Patty's freakouts. Every time I get mad, I imagine myself smashing a glass on the wall like her, and the thought makes me want to laugh. Her rage scenes are as remarkable as the scene where she confronts her father in the final episode. Amazing Actress!



What I loved most about Damages, though, was Rose Byrne as Ellen Parsons. She's one of the most beautiful, most stylish and most intelligent fictional characters I've ever seen. A young and inexperienced lawyer who has the courage to defy Patty and stand on her own two feet. What a role model.






If you haven't watched this show yet, you should definitely start. Just bear in mind that it's so full of suspense that you won't be able to stop at just one episode at a time (or two, or three). You've been warned.

9 comments:

  1. Schöne Vorstellung, werde ich mir mal merken...

    Lieben Gruß
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the show but now I think I may have to!

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Την περιγράφεις συναρπαστικά τη σειρά !!! Εκρηκτικός χαρακτήρας η Glenn Close , χρειάζεται κάπου -κάπου τέτοιου είδους συμπεριφορά .... απλά για εκτόνωση ... Που βλέπεις τη σειρά ;
    Ολυμπία

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, I don´t know if they show this on the Austrian television, I have to start investigating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds good!

    Must see if I can get it here in Ireland

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Πολύ καλή πρόταση!!!
    Θα μπει στα προσεχώς!!
    Φιλιά!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to see if its on here - it sounds good and Glenn Close does suspense very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like great movies. Thanks for the tips. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Followers

goodreads