Monday, November 26, 2012

film and tv update

film

1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn-Part 2 (2012)



Back in 2009, when I watched Twilight I was amazed and couldn't wait for the sequels. As years went by, either the movies became less interesting or I outgrew them. I missed Breaking dawn -Part 1 but decided to watch part 2 last night. It was boring up until the final battle and the twist in the plot. But I'm too tired to be able to sit through one hour of plain bland to just enjoy the ending. And what was up with their robotic baby? I mean, come on Hollywood, you can do so much better than that. Anyway, I liked the soundtrack and the final flashback so I was left with a pleasant feeling afterwards.Or maybe it was the sugar rush?



2. 2 Days in New York (2012)


Another sequel disappointment. 2 Days in Paris (2007) was hilarious and so enjoyable to watch. Movies that focus on the clash between cultures always amuse me. The New York part, though, was not so funny. It was boring and weird and incomprehensible. Selling your soul, pretending to have a brain tumor not to get evicted, finding a drug dealer the moment you land in the US and then being deported as quickly were all too far-fetched for my taste. Wasted time.


tv

Quite a few things made me laugh over the past few weeks, but these stuck:

How I Met Your Mother:


Ted (to Lily and Marshall): "This is what you guys do, you invite other couples over to judge them and make yourselves feel superior?"

Lily: "Oh grow up, Ted. That's why any couple invites anyone over ever."


New Girl:

Jess on PMS: "I feel like I wanna murder someone, and also I want soft pretzels."



That's pretty much all... Have you watched anything interesting lately?

  
 

6 comments:

  1. Βλέπω κάθε εβδομάδα το How I met your mother και είναι πραγματικά όλο φοβερές ατάκες..
    Και φυσικά για ατάκες που σκοτώνουν το The big bang theory..δυστυχώς περιμένω και στα δυο τα καινούρια επεισόδια μια και είχα δει μονοκοπανιά σχεδόν όλες τις σεζόν παλιότερα..τώρα παίρνω μικρές δόσεις γέλιου..
    Το "Twilight" δε θα το προτιμήσω..χαχα, αλλά το "2 Days in New York" μπήκε στη λίστα..
    Καλή σου μέρα!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Στο "Twilight" πήγε η ανιψιά μου προχθές και είπε πως της άρεσε πολύ. Ο γιος μου θα πάει απόψε. Ομολογώ πως δεν με συγκίνησε καθόλου η ιδέα να πάω κινηματογράφο για να το δω. Όταν βγει σε dvd θα κάνω την απόπειρα να το δω! :)
    To "How i met your mother" δεν το έχω δει ποτέ, αλλά μου έχουν πει πολλές ατάκες!
    Καλή εβδομάδα!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your last 2 choices .....I will have to check out your others...have a good day, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Τό Twilight δέν μού αρέση καθόλου Ευη μου!Οι καραμελίτσες σου,τέλειες!!Καλή ενδομάδα!Φιλιά!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Evi, its been too long since I've had the chance to read and comment on my friends blogs...as I write this Elizabeth is screaming her head off on my knee..ha ha, I've developed a nifty one-handed typing approach!!! I felt the same as you about 2 days in NY, I hated it and I too had high hopes as I loved 2 days in Paris (her Dad is very funny and its her real Dad too!), I also like Chris Rock so thought he would make it funny but he didn't lift it either....Shame as I love Julie Delpy, she apparently doesn't get on with 'Hollywood' either which makes me love her more but this was pooh! Lots of love, hope you are okay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's strange I haven't seen any of the Twilight films, because I seem to be one of the few people who appreciates Kristen Stewart. I'm looking forward to watching her in On The Road, if it gets a UK release.
    I've been devoting my movie watching time to catching up on some of the old films I haven't seen recently. This weekend it was the original Pearl Harbour love story From Here to Eternity. It was very good.

    Have a nice week Evi.

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Followers

goodreads