Thursday, November 8, 2012

Skyfall (2012)

"Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."

I've always considered the James Bond films boring. However, last night I was so "thirsty" for a movie that I decided to give agent 007 a chance. And he deserved it. 

Once Adele's voice filled the room, I was already wrapped up in the whole thing. I forgot I don't like Daniel Craig.


Then, I saw the name Javier Bardem in the opening credits. "Oh this is getting better and better" I thought.

The only reason I like action movies is their predictability. You know that whatever goes down, the main character will escape intact. Craig was amazing in inducing this feeling of security (Bruce Willis does that perfectly). What was interesting in Skyfall though, was that we got to see the human side of him. Even 007 may get tired once in a while. The fact that he still manages to gloriously pull through  made him shine brighter in the end. Am I making sense?

What I enjoyed most about Skyfall was the constant juxtaposition of present and past. It was very realistic and seeing MI6 struggle in the new era was intriguing. Judi Dench was spectacular and I loved the part where she recited a Tennyson poem which pretty much summed up the entire storyline of the film. Also, the young Ben Whishaw as Q was very amusing; especially when he said: "What were you expecting? An exploding pen? We don't really do that anymore."

Now, about Javier Bardem. After watching the compelling "No Country for Old Men" (2007), I thought that this man's hair couldn't get any creepier. I was wrong. 

source
Bardem is one of my favorite actors. He was as creepy as we wanted him to be in Skyfall. The crazy thing is, although he was the bad guy I still felt sorry for him. Great performance.

So, yes, you should definitely watch Skyfall.  You won't regret it.






6 comments:

  1. I agree, totally, with you! We went (I, my hubby and our 2 boys) to the cinema to see Skyfall. I didn't want to, because I was expecting all the classic James Bond's stereotypes....Instead, I have to admit, it was a good movie, different from its precedents!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Είχα ακούσει για αυτή την ταινία αλλά ήμουν σίγουρη πως θα ήταν ένα ακόμα κλασσικό James Bond.
    Μετά από όσα έγραψες για την ταινία με προκαλείς να την δω. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Καλημέρα!!
    Καταρχήν να πω ότι λατρεύω Adele!!!
    Και μάλλον θα δω και την ταινία!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Καλημέρα Εύη μου!Χαμός μέ τήν ταινία αυτή!Λατρεύω James Bond!Σίγουρα θά τήν δώ!Πολύ super η Adele!Φιλάκια!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed it too!

    I especially liked the blue shorts making another appearance - YUM!

    Happy Weekend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ααα το είδες? λέμε κι εμείς να πάμε!! adele αγαπημένη! :) φιλάκια!

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Followers

follow me on twitter

goodreads