Sunday, February 10, 2013

happy birthday sexta-feira



Sexta-feira is one year old today. And there’s no internet connection at home so I’m posting this from a coffee place.

I think I created my Blogger account in 2010. However, up to Februray 10th 2012, I hadn’t felt ready to plunge into the blogosphere.

Then it happened. I started off feeling awkward. There were so many things I wanted to write about. I soon realized  I didn’t want any negativity to pervade my posts. And although there were (there are and there will be) days when I needed to nag my keyboard off, I refrained. There’s too much negativity in this world and I want my blog to be free of all the things that infuriate me.

As time went by, I realized my posts could easily be categorized under 5 tags; pictures of Ioannina (my town in Northwestern Greece), pictures of places I visited in the rest of Greece,  pictures of places I visited in the rest of the world, movies and tv series I enjoy, and music I love.

The best thing about blogging is meeting so many people from all around the world. I wouldn’t have the chance to make so many friends from so many countries in a million years. And it happened in 12 months. Thank you all for visiting, reading and commenting! You make me happy! :)


 What does sexta-feira mean?

Back in 2007, I took a brief Portuguese course and I found out that "sexta-feira" means Friday. Although everybody calls me Evi, my entire name in Greek is Paraskevi which means Friday.


p.s: I'm not sure when my Internet connection will be restored so I'll post a lot today! I hope I'll be able to visit your blogs soon.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sexta - Feira
    and wishing you many many more.

    It is lovely blogging with you
    thanks for being my blogging friend.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! Green Day kept me great company in the summer and you know I've made a lot of friends thanks to you!

      Delete
  2. Happy blog birthday, you've done really well to get so many followers in just a year, I have only 8 more than you and I've been going for 3 years. Looking forward to the next years of reading your blog.
    Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday to the cutest blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your blog. I would love to see many more post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation for your blog anniversary Evi,
    me I have no idea when my blog anniversary ;) LOL
    happy to for being one of your follower.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being one of my followers, your comments always make me smile!

      Delete
  6. χρόνια πολλά στο Blogoσπιτάκι σου!!!! πάντα να μας χαρίζεις όμορφες εικόνες και αναρτήσεις! φιλάκια!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man you're only like 100 miles north of my blog's famous mountain. You should visit there and take some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't promise anything because I don't like to travel by ship in winter! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry I didn't realise you'd posted more than once yesterday, so I'd like to wish Sexta-feira a belated Happy birthday.
    Paraskevi I can honestly say you're one of the most positive, honest and talented people I've met in the blogosphere and it's been a pleasure to associate with you over the last year.
    I'm sure we'll share some more good times in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I'm blushing! :)
      You're always so kind and your comments are so encouraging!
      THANK YOU!

      Delete

goodreads

Followers