Monday, April 15, 2013

saturday in dc

Hello!

I'm happy to be here again. We still don't have an internet connection at home so it's hard for me to post and visit your blogs as often as before. Hopefully, that will be taken care of soon.

Week 1 of my stay in the US was pretty busy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I had to do a lot of shopping to equip our kitchen (it seems the husband had been subsisting on microwaveable meals). With all the discount stores in walking distance from where we live I couldn't resist, so I bought some things for myself too! I also did a lot of cooking. When I worked, I used to hate cooking and other kitchen-related activities, but now that I have all the the time in the world I really like it. 

Then, on Friday night we went to DC for a beer. Since we don't have a car yet, we use the metro a lot. The stations are pretty original in all their futuristic simplicity.


Walking home, I saw this and it reminded me of a movie set. 


When it's not cloudy, we have a great view of the sunrise from our window. So, Saturday began like this:

We spent the entire day in DC, walking around and sightseeing.
 
the White House

the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool





the cherry blossom


p.s: The news here is really bad tonight. There's not much one can say when things like that happen. My thoughts go out the victims and their families.

12 comments:

  1. That news is definitely sobering.

    I must say I long for the spring your pictures depict! We are shrouded in snow still. My friend who is living in Japan posted pictures of cherry blossoms there as well. So beautiful!

    Enjoy having the time to enjoy cooking - I can't wait for that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been cloudy and autumny here too, for the last couple of days but snow in April does indeed sound strange. I hope spring will reach you soon! :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Καλημέρα και καλη εβδομάδα εύχομαι! Μακάρι να έρθουν όλα όμορφα και γλυκά εκει όπου είσαι και να περνάς ευχάριστες στιγμές! Οι φωτογραφίες σου ειναι so cute*
    Kisses
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Καλησπερα! Σ'ευχαριστω για τα καλα σου λογια! Να περνας κι εσυ ομορφα!1

      Delete
  3. Καλημέρα Εύη μου!!Οι φωτογραφίες σου μάς ταξίδεψαν ευχάριστα!!Πολύ χαίρομαι πού περνάς όμορφα!!Φαίνεται ωραία πόλη!!Καλή εβδομάδα!!!Φιλάκια!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Γεια σου Ντιμι! Ειναι ομορφη πολη και πιο συμμαζεμενη σε σχεση με τη Νεα Υορκη, για παραδειγμα. Καλη βδομαδα και σ'εσενα!

      Delete
  4. I love the pictures, Evi. You should try your hand at some classic American dishes (umm ... Pumpkin Pie, and ... Key Lime Pie ... and ... Beefalo steak!) and post pictures of the results : o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made pumpkin bread yesterday and it was actually pretty good! But because I'm inexperienced I get so overwhelmed by trying to co-ordinate everything (reading the recipe, cracking eggs, not setting the building on fire) that I forget to take pictures! :)

      Delete
  5. Εύη μου καλησπέρα! Εκεί μένεις μόνιμα;
    Λυπάμαι πολύ για το άσχημο γεγονός, έχω σοκαριστεί.. Δεν ξέρω τι να πω..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ναι, μετακομισαμε για τα καλα!

      Ηταν οντως πολυ τρομακτικο και αναπαντεχο το χθεσινο...

      Delete
  6. Μη σταματήσεις να κάνεις αναρτήσεις !Εύχομαι όλα να πάνε όπως τα θέλεις και μείς εδώ θα σε έχουμε στις σκέψεις μας ! Καλή αρχή και ξέχασε τα άσχημα ! Σου αξίζουν τα καλύτερα !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σας ευχαριστω πολυ για την ενθαρρυνση και τις ευχες κυρια Ολυμπια! :) Να ειστε καλα!

      Delete

goodreads

Followers