Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Killers!! live!

Last February I made a post with some of my favorite songs and lyrics by the Killers. Had someone told me that I would see them live 6 months later, I would never have believed it. But it happened and it was amazing!

It was our first time at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, so we got there very early.




When the gates opened...

I started growing impatient while we were waiting. The pavilion was filling up, the support band appeared, but I wanted to see Brandon Flowers and his friends.



When it was finally time, everyone was over-excited. How can you not be when the first song is Mr. Brightside?

It was a spectacular show! I couldn't believe I was there; from watching them on YouTube to seeing them perform right in front of me! Their energy was unbelievable, they played most of their great hits and the pavilion exploded with cheering and clapping. I can't even describe what happened when they played Somebody Told Me, Human, All These Things That I've Done. It felt as if the ground beneath us was shaking.


When I was in Greece, when people's negativity kept bringing me down, the Killers' music kept me afloat. It was my comfort in the car and at home. I sang along and dreamed of better days to come. Seeing them live last night was a dream come true. It was as if my iPad playlist and my car cds came to life just to confirm that if you believe in yourself and your dreams, better days WILL come.

And if they drag you through the mud
It doesn't change what's in your blood

When they knock you down
   
Don't break character
You've got a lot of heart.
Be Still-The Killers

 

18 comments:

  1. Καλησπέρα Εύη μου!!!Πρέπει νά απόλαυσες τήν συναυλία!!!Ωραίες φωτό!!!!Πολλά φιλιά από Λευκάδα!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ηταν πολυ ωραια! Καλα να περασετε στη Λευκαδα! :) (ααααχ λιγο σαλαμακι!)

      Delete
  2. Πάρα πολύ ωραία όλα..χαίρομαι που τα πέρασες όμορφα!
    Φιλιά πολλά!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστω!! :) να περνας κι εσυ καλα!

      Delete
  3. I love Mr Brightside!!
    :) Χαίρομαι που πέρασες όμορφα φιλιά πολλά!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Κι εμενα μαρεσει πολυ! Να περνας κι εσυ καλα! :)

      Delete
  4. Η χαρά, η ευχαρίστηση κι η ευτυχία που ένιωσες όταν είδες κι άκουσες από κοντά το αγαπημένο σου συγκρότημα, είναι διάχυτα κι έφτασαν μέχρι την Ελλαδίτσα μας.Πάντα τέτοια!
    Να περνάς καλά και να χαμογελάς!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαιρομαι που το διαβαζω! Σ'ευχαριστω!

      Να ειστε κι εσεις ολοι καλα, μ'αρεσει πολυ η καινουρια φωτογραφια σου!

      Delete
  5. Lucky you, you got to see them live! I bet it was amazing! :) I bet the crowd went completely crazy! And I bet you went crazy too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! It was perfect! It was a one-in-a-lifetime experience! A dream come true!

      Delete
  6. Πρέπει να ήταν τέλεια! Ζηλεύω! Θέλω και εγώ να τους δω!!!
    Πολύ ωραίες οι φωτογραφίες σου!
    Φιλάκιαααα <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ηταν φανταστικα! Πανικος πραγματικος! Το πληθος παραληρουσε! Χαχαχαχ! :)

      Delete
  7. It looks like you had so much fun! That is awesome. I definitely have enjoyed some of The Killers myself, though I might just have to go check out a few more of their songs.
    I love the location of the concert too - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon Flowers' voice is just amazing! And their lyrics a usually so good! And their videos are cool! Ok, I'm getting carried away again... :)

      Delete
  8. It is amazing how music can lift our spirits and bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed amazing! And sometimes a song that means nothing to one person can be so important to someone else. Thanks for stopping by Inge! Hope you're enjoying August! :)

      Delete
  9. Hello Εύη μου. Εκεί που είσαι πρέπει να γίνονται πολλές ωραίες συναυλίες... Ήθελα να σου σχολιάσω εδω και καιρό αλλά δν ξέρω γιατί δε μπορώ από το ipad. Βγήκε η άδεια εργασίας σου? Περιμένω νέα σου. Φιλάκια.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. θα σου στειλω αναλυτκο ιμεηλακι!

      Γινονται πολλα αλλα τους Killers δε θα τους εχανα με τιποτα! Ααααχ, Brandon Flowers...

      Delete

goodreads

Followers