Monday, September 30, 2013

random snapshots 4: the weekend & seeing Nicholas Sparks (!!)

Having spent most of my life in a very mountainous area in Greece, I can't get over how spectacular the sky looks here, where there are no mountains at all.

I love diners! This is a mini juke-box and I'm so happy when the Beatles are on!


The government will probably shut down tomorrow.


If you read this blog frequently, then you know that Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors. (Take a look here, here, here , here and here.) I was beyond excited when I saw that he would be coming to Washington, DC to talk about his new book.

The event took place at a historic synagogue.


It was a very interesting location. I had never been inside a synagogue before.



I was very happy to get my signed copy of The Longest Ride.


And, of course, I was very happy to see Nicholas Sparks. He shared many personal stories; he has an amazing gift of making you laugh and then moving you to tears. It's what I love about his books too.


Saturday was probably my lucky day because I found great bargains at the discount stores in my neighborhood. I fell in love with these cowboy boots (so much so, that I wore them although it's still relatively warm) and they were only $17 (12.57 euros!!)!


Sunday night was all about Walter White and Jesse Pinkman! (You will be missed, Breaking Bad...)
 On my way to get snacks...


And then a pleasant surprise was waiting for me at the store! I can't get enough of the fall decorations.





Enjoy the new week! :)



15 comments:

  1. Καλημέρα Εύη! Πόσο ενδιαφέρουσα είναι η ζωή που αποτυπώνεις με το φακό και τις μικρές σου σημειώσεις!
    Καλό μήνα να έχεις, σ' ευχαριστώ για τη φιλία ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Καλωσηρθες και επισημα! Σ'ευχαριστω για τα καλα σου λογια! :)

      Delete
  2. Εύη μου ενδιαφέρουσες στιγμές απο την ζωή σου μας περιγράφεις ! Φαντάζομαι ότι θα σου άρεσε η βραδιά πολύ .Όσο για την φθινοπωρινή διακόσμηση ,εμείς δεν πολυασχολούμαστε ,ίσως επειδή τα χρώματα του φθινοπώρου τα βλέπουμε τόσο έντονα γύρω μας .Θυμάμαι όταν είχα πάει μία εκδρομή στις 26 Οκτωβρίου στην Πίνδο και είδα τα πανύψηλα δέντρα ,με χρώματα πορτοκαλιά ,χρυσαφιά ,καφετιά ,πόσο είχα εντυπωσιαστεί !!!Οι μπότες δε ,υπέροχες ,με γειά σου !
    Καλό Μήνα !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Πιστευω οτι δεν πολυασχολουμαστε γιατι δεν εχει φτασει τοσο ακομα η μοδα εκει. Εδω εχουν το Halloween και το Thanksgiving που ειναι μεγαλες φθινοπωρινες γιορτες για τις οποιες στολιζουν. Κι εχουν τα παντα! Το αγαπημενο μου ειναι τα αρωματικα κερια που μυριζουν φθινοπωρακι, κανελα κλπ. Κατα τ'αλλα επειδη η βλαστηση εδω ειναι παρα πολυ πυκνη, η αλλαγη στα φυλλα ειναι επισης πολυ εντυπωσιακη. Να φανταστειτε ολα τα ξενοδοχεια κοντα σε παρκα, κοιλαδες και βουνα ειναι πολυ ακριβοτερα αυτη την περιοδο επειδη πανε ολοι να δουν το fall foliage. Ριξτε μια ματια εδω: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=wLR&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=fall+foliage+virginia&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.53371865,d.dmg,pv.xjs.s.en_US.i8jRULGL-Ys.O&biw=1252&bih=585&dpr=1.09&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=FxtLUv7nKYXC4AOf14G4Aw

      Delete
  3. Kαλημέρα Εύη μου!!Καλό μήνα!!!!
    Από ότι διαβάζω,είχες μία ευχάριστη βραδιά,μαζί μέ τόν αγαπημένο σου συγγραφέα!!
    Ολες οι φωτογραφίες σου,πανέμορφες!!!Ασχολούμαι μέ τήν Φθινοπωρινή διακόσμηση,μέσα από τίς δημιουργίες μου!!!
    Νά περνάς καλά!!!!Πολλά φιλάκια!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ΥΓ.Μέ γειά τίς μπότες!!!!Super!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Ευχαριστω! Ωραια ηταν!!

      Καλο μηνα!!

      Delete
  4. Love the mini-jukebox in the diner!! I haven't seen one of those in ages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this particular diner, it's so American! :)

      Delete
  5. Εντάξει πλάκα μου κάνεις τώρα? Είδες Nicholas Sparks και μας το λες έτσι απλά...με ένα post μόνο....Τρελαίνομαι....πω πω...ΖΗΛΕΥΩ.... :(

    Chadlen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ηθελα να σας το πω προχτες αλλα ηταν τοτε που ηρθε η γειτονισσα κ κοψαμε αποτομα! Μη ζηλευετε καλε, ολο book tours ειναι ο Νικολας. Στο επομενο να κανονισετε να ειστε εδω!

      Delete
  6. The mountains were absolutely beautiful when I went to Greece. I even climbed Mount Parnassus when we went to Delphi. :D I like little diners like the one you went to too. Anything that's very "hole in the wall" family owned.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had fun in Greece! :) This diner isn't family owned but it's a very friendly place and the food is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to go back to the original days of diners - I idealize the past far more than it likely deserves haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do that too... It's comforting! :)

      Delete

Awesome Followers

goodreads