Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Boston

Monday was Martin Luther King day and we decided to take advantage of the long weekend and drive up to Boston.

After about 8 hours, we were there.


We took a short walk before meeting with friends for dinner.



I found out we were going to a seafood place and I started panicking, but then I remembered that fries always save the day. :)

And the Boston cream pie was very good too.


On Sunday morning, we went to Boston Common and the Public Garden again. It was freezing, but taking pictures is much easier during the day.















On and on we walked...


...up until it was time for brunch. There are many things I can't get used to when it comes to American cuisine (see: bloody steaks, mussels, crabcakes etc.), but brunch is unbeatable. I stuck to my usual pancakes, bacon and coffee, but someone else ordered his favorite eggs Benedict. (They look great, but there's too much yolk for my taste in there!)



Warmed up and caffeinated, we did a little browsing at a couple of shops.

"Life is good": take your motivation where you can find it, even if it's a brand sign.
Despite the freezing wind, we decided to walk all the way to Cambridge, along the Charles river.










We got there after an hour and rewarded ourselves with cupcakes.


Then, we strolled around the Harvard campus.






Back to the hotel for a cup of tea...


 ... before heading out for dinner in Little Italy, where I finally tried cannoli, which tasted great! The restaurant was already decorated for Valentine's Day, and it was really cute, but I was too hungry to take pictures.

I found this while walking, though.


Then a short walk near Quincy market and it was time to call it a day.


 Mini breakfast at a small cafe before starting our 8-hour drive back on Monday morning...


...and a beautiful sunset on Monday evening.



Although I was there for only a day, Boston seemed very cozy and quiet and I liked it a lot.

Enjoy the week!


p.s: I'm linking with Maria's Life Images, over at mytripsonblog. Visit Maria's blog for more photos!

28 comments:

  1. Τι πανέμορφη είναι η Βοστόνη!!! Και με χιόνι,υπέροχα τα τοπία!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO want to go to Boston someday!! So so badly. That Boston Cream Pie looks freaking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a busy weekend and you certainly crammed a lot of sightseeing in. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful but cooooold! Boston is definitely on my must-visit list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and beautiful photos! I would be in that restaurant for the Eggs Benedict in a hot(cold there) minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Υπέροχες εικόνες...με τόσες ομορφιές και ρωτάς βρε Εύη μου?
    Από μερικές δεν μπορώ να ξεκολλήσω το βλέμμα μου!
    Η Βοστόνη είναι πανέμορφη!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Εύη μου σε ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ!

      Delete
  7. Boston and its environs look beautiful, and the food doesn't look bad either.
    I take it you didn't try the clam chowder?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Υπέροχες εικόνες! Σ' ευχαριστώ πολύ, για την εικονική απόδραση!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always capture places in the most amazing way...I loved the shots of the public garden (where my hubs proposed to me!!) Your trip sounded so nice and fun! Good food and dessert! And I am so glad that you tried a cannoli!!! All the best to you as well this week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures! I enjoyed your tour in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ευάκι μου ,πάλι μας ταξίδεψες με τις υπέροχες εικόνες σου ! Φαίνεται ότι περάσατε όμορφα στη Βοστώνη και σου εύχομαι να περνάς πάντα όμορφα !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Τι όμορφες εικόνες! Ειδικά αυτή του brunch με σημάδεψε...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos! Could almost touch the sky, beautuful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Πανέμορφη πόλη η Βοστωνη Εύη μου!!!Πώ πώ!!!Χιόνια!!!Εδώ μάλλον δέν προκείται νά δούμε εφέτος!!Μάς ταξίδεψαν ευχάριστα οι εξαιρετικές φωτογραφίες σου!!!Καλή εβδομάδα!!Φιλάκια!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos! I haven't been to Boston in many years. This was a great tour, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lovely Evi, cold but lovely. Are you enjoying living in the states?? How long have you been there now?? Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Evi,
    I have always wondered what Boston looked like. It's so fantastic, and that Boston cream pie looks so good. I always enjoy your pictures and seeing your travels, my friend. The snow pictures made smile.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ωραία φαίνεται η Βοστόνη ακόμα και με μουντό καιρό.
    Αλλά και το γλυκό επίσης (τα ψαρικά ούτε εμένα μου αρέσουν).
    υγ. σας έριξε χιόνι; δε μπορούσα να βγω από την πόρτα σήμερα !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Γεια σου Εύη . δεν ξέρεις πόσο σε ευχαριστώ για αυτό το ταξίδι με τις πανέμορφες φωτογεαφίες σου μιας και μου φαίνεται οτι δεν θα το κάνω ποτέ. Βλέπεις 2 χρόνια τώρα φοβάμαι τα αεροπλάνα.... Καλώς σε βρήκα :)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Boston-sequence !

    Greetings - Monika and Bente

    ReplyDelete
  21. You may have only been there for a day but you managed to take some lovely varied photos. I love the snowy ones and the sun glistening on the water. The Boston cream pie looks delicious. Definitely a place I know I would enjoy!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Μας ταξίδεψες και πάλι!! Τυχερηηηή που πας σε τέτοια μέρη!!
    Πολύ όμορφες φωτογραφίες!! Καλό σαββατοκύριακο Εύη μου!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so adore boston the culture shopping and food looks lie you found everythimg

    ReplyDelete
  24. πολύ ωραία φαίνεται η Βοστόνη!!! έχει τόσο χιόνι εκεί,ε? το brunch ιδιαίτερο και λαχταριστό συνάμα! πόσο όμορφο το φωτεινό δέντρο!!! εύχομαι πολλές πολλές εκδρομούλες ακόμη για να μας δείχνεις τόσο όμορφες εικόνες!! φιλάκια! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Τι υπέροχη βόλτα είναι αυτή!!! Τι υπέροχες φωτογραφίες!! Να σαι καλά Εύη!! Το απόλαυσα!! Φιλάκια!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved this post! My parents spent their first years married in Boston and I have always wanted to visit!

    ReplyDelete

goodreads

Followers